The new profesional Battery for EV bikes 36V & 48V
The new series of batteries for electric bikes, contains smart BMS circuit that continuously monitors the quality of internal cells and in case of failure, provides actual information through an LED panel. Please see PDF specification of LED faults. This circuit also protects the battery against deep discharge.
If the battery is discharged so that it turns off the internal BMS module, next charging turns up in a few hours. Therefore is necessary to keep connected charger on the battery until it does not start charging.
Winston Battery - new models 160AH
Check the specifications of the two models of Winston 160AH cells. The cells have identical nominal capacity, but have different dimensions, to meet the needs of various customers.
LFP160AHA - original model (TALL) - size: 278x182x71 mm, factory code:WB-LYP160AHA(A)
LFP160AHA-B - new model (WIDE) - size: 278x209x65 mm, factory code: WB-LYP160AHA(B)
Winston Battery - new models 100AH
Check the specifications of the two models of Winston 100AH cells. The cells have identical nominal capacity, but have different dimensions, to meet the needs of various customers.
LFP100AHA - original model (TALL) - size: 218x143x67 mm, factory code: WB-LYP100AHA(A)
LFP100AHA-B - new model (WIDE) - size: 218x179x62 mm, factory code: WB-LYP100AHA(B)
The BMS2405 - basic information
- Battery management system for Li-Ion, LiFePo4 and LiPo chemistry cells
- Protect and balance cells during charge and discharge
- Measure SOC (remaining charge/energy in battery)
- Fully balance cells in single charging cycle if charger is not disconnected
- Integrated display which shows:
- —-> Mode (Charge, Discharge, Full, Error)
- —-> Current state of battery 0-9
- Passive balancer with resistor across each cell. Balancing algorithm is executed only in charge mode.
- Integrated discharge resistors for each cell. Resistors cooled to back plate.
- Adjustable balancing parameters:
- —-> Minimum difference voltage between cells to turn on balancing resistor
- —-> Minimum cell voltage for balancing (prevents balancing in early in charge cycle)
- Smart overheating protection – balancing resistors on cells with biggest voltage difference will be disconnected later as on cells which have smaller voltage difference.
- Monitoring of each cell voltage during charge
- Integrated charger disconnect relay to prevent battery overcharging
- Input for two temperature sensors (standard 10 kOhm NTC)
- If charger is connected after battery is fully charged, cells are continuously balanced. No need to do more charging cycles to balance all cells to 100%.
- Charger detect with separate input or detection of voltage on charger input connector.
- Monitoring of each cell voltage during discharge
- Integrated ignition switch, which disconnect ignition line in case of empty battery – when first cell reaches minimum voltage
- Adjustable low voltage cell limit
- Requires external battery current sensor (standard current hall probe – recommended
- Monitoring of charge and discharge current and calculation SOC
- Automatic adjustment of SOC when battery is fully charged or totally discharged
- Analogue voltage output for connection of external battery state display.
- Measures next battery data:
- —-> total battery voltage
- —-> battery current
- —-> up to 2 x battery temperature, internal circuit temperature. Requires inexpensive NTC resistors for temperature sensing
- —-> Min and max cell voltage and cell ID
- —-> SOC (in %, user adjustable total battery capacity)
- Battery data is send over serial port to controller. Additional can be send to programming RS232 connector for external logging devices connection.
- Records battery historical data for maintaining and supervision:
- —-> number of charge cycles
- —-> number of deep discharge cycles
- —-> total accumulated charge out (in Ah)
- —-> min and max temperature for all thermometers
- —-> min cell voltage and cell ID
- Works with 16 or 24 cells Li chemistry batteries. User setting of number of cells (from 6 to 24)
- Balancing current 0,5 A per cell
- 30 A charger relay
- 5 A ignition switch (for disconnecting motor controller when battery is empty)
- <100 uA standby power consumption
- Dimensions 188 x 106 x 35 mm , weight 0,55 kg
- Operating temperature -20/+65 *C, heat sink temperature protection at 80 *C.
Overview of the Cell Terminal Connectors and the Compatibility Guide
See the updated document with Overview of the Cell Terminal Connectors and the Compatibility Guide.
Check the PDF (and also XLS) with the dimensions of the terminals connectors for the battery cell models.
Please note that the manufacturer of the WINA cells does not supply terminal connectors. The connectors from other manufacturers do not fit exactly right, because the WINA cells WN10AH and WN15AH are very narrow. The one of options is to modify the shortest available connector by bending - LFP020-CON-V2.
CALB CA100 discharge diagram
This diagram shows the discharge rates for various temperatures. The discharge is done at 0.3C (about 32Amp).
The consumption of the DC contactors
Our tests show the following consumption of the DC contactors:
12V/100A model - 0.45 Amp at 13.4V
48V/200A model - 0.13 Amp at 53.5V